vrijdag 10 oktober 2014

Charles times 3



Today I will share with you the Charles pants (times 3) that I made for the blogtour of the new Charles pattern from Compagnie M. Since the blogtour is international, I will (try to) write this post in English...

From the very first moment Marte shared some pictures of her new dungarees pattern, I knew I HAD to make them! You can imagine that I (as we say in Flemish) jumped a hole in the air when I got selected to test the new pattern.

Because it was still a test pattern, I made a shorts first to avoid spilling too much fabric when it wouldn't fit. In fact, I never really doubted the fitting of the pants because all the other patterns of Compagnie M seem to be custom-made for my daughter. And indeed, the fit was perfect. The fabric is a babyrib from my stash that I bougth the year before at Cousette and I made the piping myself from a Liberty Fabric biais (also from Cousette). Of course a matching Mara was needed to make the outfit complete! I can't wait to put the shorts over a knit maillot.
















































From that moment on, the only thing I could think of was making a lot of versions of these pants. Thats why I didn't blog for a month, I was too busy making Charles pants :-).

The second Charles was a dungarees version, made with a stuning wool fabric from Bellelien. Because the wool is simply too beautiful, I just wouldn't detract the view of it with an other fabric. So it became another classic style Charles. The accent lies in the facing fabric, also from Bellelien. As you can see, the fit is just perfect again. The only thing I still have to think about is the seam. Because I didn't calculate enough fabric to fold it, it sometimes folds back. Maybe I will drop that detail.






After seeing the version Marte made for the run and play project, I absolutely fell in love with the straps in flower fabric. So again, I took a babyrib from my stash (I only had a coupon of 50 cm, so I cut the front piece in two) and matched it with a fabric from Bellelien that I originally bought for a dress. This version is the least creative, but I love it a lot! The first time I tried it on Elysse, she refused to take it off. Most of the time, she refuses to put things on, so I can assume she's also a fan!




























If you also want to become a Charles addict, head over to the Compagnie M website. This week you will receive a coupon for a 10% discount with the code: charles-launch. The pattern includes a detailed manual that guides you through all the steps and 3 options: shorts, pants and dungarees. It costs 7 euro for all sizes.

10 opmerkingen:

  1. Verliefd op die tweede! Ik kocht vorige week dat stofje ook bij Bellelien, super zacht en een prachtige kleur... Mooie Charles'kes!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. De tweede is ook mijn favoriet! Zo'n mooie stof en mooie kleurencombinatie. Denk dat ik dat patroontje ook in huis ga halen!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. The short dungarees are my favourite, they are gorgeous. The fabric and colours are beautiful. I also love those little brown boots you've matched it up with :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Supermooi!! Vooral de tweede dan, maar de derde vind ik ook fantastisch. Zin om het ook te maken nu...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Wat een mooie broekjes! En die blauwe met dat gele vestje... daar blijf ik maar naar kijken...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Ik had het herkend op de teaser-foto van marte als zijnde van jouw hand :) Mooie versies!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen